1. Sentimentally Yours (1962) by Patsy Cline
2. The Velvet Underground & Nico (1967) by The Velvet Underground
3. Little Joy (2008) by Little Joy
4. The White Album (1968) by The Beatles
5. Metals (2011) by Feist
6. Twelve Deadly Cyns…and Then Some (1994) by Cyndi Lauper
7. First Impressions of Earth (2006) by The Strokes
8. Years (By One Thousand Fingertips) (2009) by Attack in Black
9. Rumors (1977) by Fleetwood Mac
10. Plans (2005) by Death Cab For Cutie
"Being a lyricist myself, I’ve been able to connect with a lot of the themes in these albums and they’ve all touched my life. Right now, Patsy Cline is my number one inspiration. She had a voice that was unmatched in its beauty and I was really truly struck by her ability to emote when she sang live. I’ve heard that she was able to connect to her music so much that it would bring her to tears when performing live- amazing!"
You can find her solo work at www.oliviaborkosky.com.
Olivia Borkosky is the lead singer/ukulele player/songwriter of Olivia and the Creepy Crawlies, an indie/folk band she formed as a student in Fanshawe’s Music Industry Arts program three years ago. Also a solo artist with a whimsical, soulful and sweet sound, she performs originals and covers in cafés across the region.
Creativity is intelligence having fun.